There are cases in which relaxation of muscles and body groups is a very difficult task. For example, such are strong pains, getting rid of which can only be by elimination the cause of stress. To solve this problem, there are special drugs that relax the muscles.
Advantages of drugs that relax muscles
When a person hurts back, hip, neck, and any other part of the body, it is primarily about removing the pain syndrome, and then about the causes of this condition and their treatment. With the task of anesthesia, special means are perfectly handled – muscle relaxants, relieving tension in muscles. The advantages of such a device are deservedly considered:
- reduced muscle tone
- blocking of neuromuscular impulses, due to which the pathological conduction (impulsion) from the muscles to the nerve endings and central nervous system decreases
- relaxation of the musculature of a person and prevention of the spasms in pathological conditions and attacks of epilepsy, tetanus, rabies, and other diseases.
It is important that there is no confusion or loss of consciousness on amnesia. In the removal of the pain syndrome and relaxation, the muscle relaxants belong, undoubtedly, to an important action. But it should be remembered that it is possible to apply this kind of remedies only on the prescription of a doctor and as part of a complex therapy.
There are many drugs with a similar effect, including drugs such as Valium. You can buy Valium so as Xanax, in a pharmacy, as a drug aimed at general relaxation, but at the same time, it remains also a muscle relaxant.
Violations of muscular work are observed in chondrosis and neuralgia and manifest in muscle spasms. For the successful treatment of pathology, it is first necessary to remove the pain syndrome itself, and then move on to complex therapy. The action of muscle relaxants consists in blocking the neuromuscular transmission while decreasing the pathological impulses to the central nervous system. Due to the fact that muscle relaxants prevent muscular spasms, they are often used in anesthesiology and surgery. In addition, practically in any house, such medicines used as anesthetics. Central action drugs are used:
- during anesthesia
- when neurological pathologies with increased muscle tone
- for diseases with impaired motor function in anesthesiology
- in anticonvulsant therapy (against epilepsy).
Peripheral relaxation medicines are needed when:
- reducing pain syndrome and muscle spasms
- anesthesia with microsurgical interventions (including redirection of dislocations, endoscopic manipulations, etc.)
- relaxation therapy is performed for a sufficiently long time and it is necessary to accompany it with such additional procedures as massage, physiotherapy exercises.
Any medicinal product has side effects, and muscle relaxants are no exceptions. Even the right product can cause:
- cardiac disorders, blood pressure jumps
- dry mouth and thirst
- hyperthermia (overheating) or hyperkalemia (accumulation of excess potassium in the body)
- intraocular pressure.
Almost all relaxation drugs are accompanied by fasciculations – involuntary jerking of the muscles. To minimize side effects, it’s forbidden to exceed the dosage prescribed by the doctor, to engage in self-medication.